The Sarajevo National Theatre (Bosnian and Serbian: Narodno pozorište Sarajevo, Croatian: Narodno kazalište Sarajevo) was founded in November 1921.
The opening ceremony was led by Branislav Nusic, then Head of the Art Department of the Ministry of Education. On November 9, 1946 Sarajevo Opera House commenced its artistic activity with the premiere of B. Smetana's “The Bartered Bride”.
Sarajevo Ballet was also founded in 1946, but its first independent performance “The Harvest” by B. Papandopulo was postponed until May 25, 1950. This performance marked the beginning of its professional development within the national Theater.
The building was designed by architect Karel Parik, who designed over 160 Sarajevo buildings.
September 10 2012 09:30
PANEL 1 - Love for the Poor, the Path to Ecumenism
President of the Community of Sant’Egidio
Patriarch of the Serbian Orthodox Church
Secretary General of the World Council of Churches (WCC), Norway
Community of Sant’Egidio, Italy
Orthodox Metropolitan Bishop, Moscow Patriarchate
Cardinal, President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, Holy See
September 10 2012 16:30
PANEL 11 - Peace is a Workshop Open to All: Mozambique and Other Stories
Cardinal, archbishop of Bologna
Greek Catholic Archbishop, Lebanon
Greek Catholic Melkite Archbishop, Israel
General Vicar of San Salvador, El Salvador
President of Guerrand Hermès Foundation for Peace, France
Cardinal, Archbishop of Vrhbosna-Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
President of the Centre for Dialogue and Cooperation among Civilizations, Indonesia
Direttore di "Guerrand-Hermès Foundation for Peace", Regno Unito